Monday, June 21, 2010

Love

Love. Love is something that isn't tangible, isn't quantifiable, isn't concrete, but it is the most important thing for human condition. Without love we would all be walking through a void of space without meaning or heart. Love is also something that isn't deserved or earned. It isn't something you can buy or go get when you want it. It is something that has to be given freely and openly.

Love is one of those things that sometimes you have to work really hard at, and sometimes is just there and simple. Either way, love is something to be cherished above all else. When you have love, don't take it for granted, and don't abuse it.

I feel lucky that I have so many people in my life to love, and who love me back. I treasure each of those people differently and I wouldn't trade them for anything. The great thing about love is it's always available, you just have to open yourself up to receive it.

The greatest love that I have ever experienced hasn't come from my parents (though their love is priceless) or from my boyfriend (who gives me love even when I don't deserve it) or from my friends, but from the Lord. I know how cheesy that can sound, coming from a Christian who is "supposed" to say that, but I say it with my whole heart, because even in my darkest hours where I felt like nothing would ever be right again, He has been there with me to show me His love, and to let me know that I'll get through. God's love is the kind of love that was there before you were born and is continuous for all of your life. You can make Him angry, you can make Him sad, but He will never ever stop loving you for any reason. His love is eternal, and pure. He IS love, in it's purest form.

This is why I say don't take love lightly. When you love someone, you are giving them the greatest gift they can receive. And when you are loved by someone, they are giving you the most priceless, most beautiful, most wonderful thing in the whole universe. Without God there would be no love, and without love there is nothing.

"Jesus was all about the idea that people are transformed... not by being loved, but by the act of loving somebody... no matter how difficult it is."

3 comments: