Friday, June 4, 2010

This Too Shall Pass

Whenever things get rough my mother always says, "This too shall pass." For a long time I didn't believe her. I didn't see the wisdom in those words. But now, at the ripe old age of 25, I am beginning to see how true and how beautiful those words are.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone into crisis mode for something that wasn't crisis-worthy. During said crisis I felt totally justified in my panic attacks, in my tears, in my racing heart. Looking back now I see how silly I was being from a logical standpoint. But I also remember how real those emotions were to me, so it is impossible for me to discount them.

Whenever my mother looks at me and says that whatever I'm going through will pass it gives me the courage to look ahead instead of being stuck in the muddy present. And it's true, because no matter what struggle we are facing, whether it's the panicked crisis of an adolescent girl or the real crisis of losing a loved one, it WILL pass and in time things will look up. As a teenager I couldn't see that, but now that I've gotten a little bit older it's getting much clearer.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! And your momma is right! God will ALWAYS help us through it!

    ReplyDelete