Monday, January 17, 2011

Sometimes, I try my hand at poetry.

It isn't finished. It's actually just a bunch of random stanzas that I wrote and decided to lump together. I don't know if I'm capable of writing a praise and worship song, but I'm not too scared to try and write a little poem or two.


Every day I wonder
Why do I have to fall?
Sometimes it seems like
I have no hope at all.

God give me strength,
show me the way.
Help me take my days
and turn them back from gray.

When no matter what I do
the hurt breaks through.
I'm broken, through and through
so I turn my face to You.

I wander through each day
with no map to guide my way.
I wander through each day
looking for your light, not knowing what to say.

I live for you.
I love from you.
You are my heart.
You are my God.
You are my hope.
You are my love.

2 comments: