Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Change. Letting Go. Growth.

It's funny how life works. How things can be convoluted and crazy and perfect all at once. Maybe that's just a part of the human condition. The thing is, in any situation that people are involved in, the conditions, the results, the way things work out will always have confusing qualities. They will always be flawed. That's where faith comes in, I guess.

Because I know that I'm flawed, and make mistakes, and because I know that the people around me are flawed and make mistakes, I can look and see that even when things don't go the way I want them to, there is always hope. No matter what, there is hope.

I'm not so naive as to think that just because I pray about something it will happen the way I want. I'm also aware of the fact that just because things don't go the way I want them to, doesn't mean that things are hopeless or wrong. It's a fine line, really, to walk on hope and faith, and trust that even when things are at their darkest, things can turn around. It's scary to believe that things can change, be different, and still be good. It's scary to let things go, and to not have our hand in things anymore, and to have faith that no matter what the outcome is, God can use it for his glory.

Sometimes, change is good. And sometimes, those scary thoughts, where you let go of things that you can't or shouldn't control, are the ones that let us break through walls we didn't know we'd built. To experience those things is to grow. And growth is vital to survival. Those walls we build, the invisible ones that we don't know we've built, can keep us from reaching our true potential. Sometimes it takes a change that shakes us and breaks us to give us that burst of energy for that growth spurt. Sometimes, the things that seem the worst end up being the best.

Maybe I'm just tired, and none of this makes sense. But I KNOW that God has his hand in our lives. And I KNOW that he has pulled me from situations where I saw no hope in, situations where I was sitting in the dark with only the sound of my own heart for company. God will never let us down. He will always be there to take a situation and show us the good in it. All we have to do is look. And even when we don't get what we think we want, ESPECIALLY when we don't get what we think we want, if we open our eyes and our hearts, he can show us exactly what we NEED to make us whole.

3 comments:

  1. Well said, my good friend. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kris. :) I don't know about all that, but it was in me and needed to come out. So I let it. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete